Friday 29 January 2016

Planning a Party!

Hello,

I am currently typing this blog post during lunch recess, in my classroom. A total of eight students asked me if they could stay in to do some self-directed learning activities. Three students are exploring online Math programs, three students are making presentations on Google Slides and two students are using the knowledge they have gained in Science to build block structures. It is so great to see the students so interested in exploring various learning opportunities and I will definitely miss these times with the students.

We had a wonderful morning, playing handball in the gym, completing our reading group conferences and starting to write a final narrative about a treasure map in Language. We also finished our work on congruent shapes in Math, I also collected the completed forms for "Swim to Survive" and the concussion protocol. If everyone could send in these forms, as soon as possible, it would be much appreciated.

This afternoon, we will finish our work on our healthy eating commercials and plan our party for Monday afternoon. The students are welcome to bring in nut-free treats to share, as well as board games for collaborative play. It should be a lot of fun!

Some students have mentioned they are planning on bringing in gifts for me on Monday. It is a very kind gesture, but there is no need to send in any gifts for me. The real gift is getting to do a job that I love and making a positive impact on the students.

Thanks so much for all of your support throughout this year and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Mr. Skinner